Have you ever heard the phrase, "a day late and a dollar short?" I feel like that's me lately! Recently I was out of town on a Friday and Saturday, home Sunday, then gone again Monday through Wednesday. Talk about crazy! I don't know how people who travel on a regular basis for work do it. It wore me slick. I've been home for a week now and I'm just getting to where I feel almost back to normal.
While I was out of town, guess what arrived in my mailbox? It was my new "Illustrated Faith" kit! Talk about excited when I saw the package laying there on the table! Due to my crazy schedule, I wasn't able to open it until 2 days later!
I attempted to do an unpacking video to share...it was a mess! Lol!! Not only am I late with this post, my video idea didn't work. But all that's water under the bridge. I've still got the ability to take pictures and post them here. So, that's just what I did.
Look at these wonderful items:
1. Here is the zipper bag that you can keep all the goodies in. It's so neat. The zipper on the bag is a bright yellow! You sure won't lose this bag!!
2. Look at these stickers! Aren't they just the most adorable things!! I love the bright, summery colors.
3. Next, we have the washy tape, magnetic book mark and calling card with a note on the back from Shanna. There are hearts and pencils on the washy tape and inside each pencil are words of affirmation.
4. This is my favorite piece of this new kit...the stamps! But then, I think I'm partial to the stamps in every kit! 😊 On this particular set of stamps, I like the closed eyes best! Why? Because they remind me that we need to rest! In this world, we can easily get caught up in the 90-mph whirlwind that is life! All too often we fail to take the time needed to rest and rejuvenate. In Mark 6:31 NASB, Jesus said, "Come away by yourselves to a secluded place and rest a while." Rest is important to our health and well-being!
5. The next piece we have is the bookmarks. I just love these. One of them says "How I Rest Best." And then there are lines where you can write reminders to yourself as to where you find your rest. Another one says "Lightning Bolt Verses!" Oh, this is amazing. We all have those verses that really hit us. This bookmark is a place where you can list those verses. It makes it easier to go back to when you need something specific from the Lord! It's also a great witnessing tool. The 3rd bookmark has 1 Peter 4:10 ESV on it.
6. The final piece of this kit is the cardstock cards. You cut these out and stick them any place you like. They can be used as bookmarks. They can be put in your kids' lunch box as reminders. There are so many things you can do with them. And, there is a note to you from the writer of this kit, Elaine Davis. Ms. Davis, a paper crafter and graphic designer for Illustrated Faith, describes herself as a list-maker, bookworm, dreamer, and professional at making it up as she goes.
"In Doodles to Live By, I wanted to fill the pages with all sorts
of things that enrich our souls. As you work through each day,
you’ll explore some blessings I’ve found to be super healing,
enriching and restorative." - Elaine Davis.
I hope you are as impressed with this new kit as I am!! It's truly an amazing kit. It's really an opportunity to tell your own story. I've never really 'told' my own story. I'm very excited to dive into the devotional.
All you have to do to pick up your own kit is click on the banner below. Once there, you can order this kit and also shop around to order anything else from DaySpring.com!